Thursday, April 13, 2006

to sleep, perchance to dream

been up off and on since 1:30am, it's now almost 6 and i am huddled on the kitchen floor to prevent waking the sleepers in the house. the birds are chirping. there is a yoga class down the street in 1 hour. this is a warning sign, this lack of sleep. i think the late night nutella crepe may be the culprit, partly. as well as a lack of steam-blowing activities, not enough food, and a hectic work day, small case of the blues and beiges. note to self: take care of yourself! any advice on taming the mind would be appreciated. i wish there was a perspective pill you could take when your mind starts diving deep into hampster cycles of adminstrivia. conquer this!

2 comments:

Gallis said...

Dude. All I can say is that vitamins really REALLY helped me, B5 and B6 in particular. Month and a bit later and I'm sleeping like a baby. Magnesium helps me to. Seems to help all that other self care kick in.

JenMV said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. If you check out my latest post, you will note that insomnia is an epidemic this time of year. Interestingly, despite the fact that I love the spring and intellectually appreciate that summer is coming, I always get a massive case of the blues that lasts from about March to mid May... some sort of SAD I suppose, but all related to lack of sleep as well. My two cents? .. this too shall pass...