Thursday, October 22, 2009

life is but a dream

i have had many vivid dreams lately, here are the highlights. all insights welcome.

the green library
i dreamed dN and I were applying to OCAD and we snuck into their library prior to sending our application. the library and all the books were painted green. there was a collection of students there clipping stuff from various books for their applications. it was a tough crowd, they were convinced we wouldn't get in. i was going to make a choose your own adventure collage type book as my entry. the deadline was 7pm on friday.

picking perfect vegetables
i was at a deluxe grocery store and the whole dream was about selecting the perfect, healthiest produce. garlic, mint, mushrooms, stuff to make lots of salads and stirfrys. i didn't sample any of the fare but couldn't believe my luck to find such good stuff.

the township of olive
i was poring over these maps/architectural plans of this utopian village. sort of cottage country meets italian hill towns. beautiful typography. the plans showed shops to buy figs, bread, and of course olives. julia roberts made a cameo. she was telling me how olive was the type of place she liked to ride her bicycle around and watch sunsets from her dock.

obama makes a cameo
obama and i were trying to get bookclubs started in schools for all subjects. the idea was to start interesting conversations early and expand the topics covered in the curriculum. i was tutoring some of the kids on their recycling projects.

2 comments:

Gallis said...

I find when the seasons change I dream a lot more generally. What strikes me about your dreams is that they seem to be around the themes of the best of things or making the best of things. I think they just represent your engagement with the world in general.

gentian/enzian said...

i love the dream with the vegetables. went to the forest this afternoon searching mushrooms. was lucky ;-). my sisters boy friend went with me. he also brought me chestnuts they found in italy. he is an italien guy. tomorrow i cut one of my pumpkin - i feel so lucky about what mother earth gives us.