Thursday, October 25, 2007

caution: bird above

ok, folks file this one under strange events that happened while working. most folks know that i spend a portion of my working life doing usability studies, usually in the homes of willing families. so yesterday, i show up to test a few games with an 11 year old girl. she invites me in. we enter into the lair that is the family computer den. she invites me to have a seat. above me is a bird cage, seems harmless enough. we start the session and when the zingy zapper games music starts playing, i hear the loudest SHREEEEEEEEEEEEKKK! that startles me out of my chair. I look up, yes, the bird. so i ask if we can move him, perhaps. she says it's too high for her to reach and her father and mother have departed. so the subtext, is deal sister...the bird stays. a few more minutes pass when i look up and notice that there is a shower of feathers and white floating stuff softly falling on my head. supposedly bird feed, but let me tell you - i am guessing feathers and bird crap too. EW! revolted I jump up and madly start brushing the stuff off. it's even in my HAIR. newly washed so extra absorbant. we move my chair to the other side of the computer where i narrowly escape having air hockey handles jab into my back. better than bird doo. later as i walk back into the safety of my abode, my husband calls out to me...You've got that bird stuff all over your butt! of course, schmarmy 11 year old girl never mentioned this on my way out. ah, such a glamour job, I tell you. such GLAMOUR.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO- you made my day.
-webmonkey