Wednesday, March 14, 2007

the death of cool: facebook

join my anti-social network, ASSbook.com yes, i am nursing my inner bart simpson in response to the latest craze of webbies, facebook.lately it seems to be on everyone's lips, are you on facebook? like there is this world of 1000 thread count sheets and lush living if only you join, show your mug, share your contacts list. the answer is no. i am not on facebook. i will admit to being tempted to see what the fuss is about, but i woke up the other day thinking what if there was an anti social network. one called assbook. i checked, and sure enough it exists. gotta love the web. i think the problem with facebook is that we graduated from highschool,and there is someithing so very uncool about aching to relive it, to cheerfully fill out your form and feel proud as your friends rack up. how about connecting with your friends in the real world, over coffee and talking to their yes, face. am i wrong here? i think the best way to find out your friend's status has changed from attached to single is over coffee chat, a walk, a gallery hop. the very sentiment of you're missing out on so much fun, makes me want to head for the hills, embrace my inner bart simpson, call a friend, go for tea and cupcakes. never mind that facebook was cool to the people still in highschool, ages ago. touché.

3 comments:

Gallis said...

Oh freakin spare me. I'm with you chicka.

petite gourmand said...

I agree.
cupcakes n' coffee.
someone just sent me an email, asking me to "join".
no thanks.

Deanna McFadden said...

I have to admit that I finally cracked and joined. And it's bloody addictive. Not so bothered by the friends that I'm collecting so much as actually keeping in touch with people on other continents, but I know you're probably right, in that I should just pick up the phone and call...