Thursday, May 28, 2009

lend me your ear

my right ear has been aching, probably sinus congestion. the tail end of this terrible cold/flu we have been fighting off since mother's day. it is not plugged like the other time. revenge of the seemingly sweet but honestly, lately stresser, stalker mom. the lesson for me has been standing up for myself emotionally, a metaphor. monday i had a spectacular fall. timber! not good, banged my head on the floor. just have to keep trying and focus, think thru each move and don't panic. hard as it is, picking yourself up and trying to move forward is a good thing.

2 comments:

gentian/enzian said...

oh, sweetheart, i know that ear aching, so painful. i feel so much with you. a difficult lessen to stand up emotionally for myself. my mother has that very big problem also, she can't let her 5 daughters go there own way. hey, im 52, have my kidz (26/24) and she is worrying also about them. and all her other grandchildren. she is trying to command all of us ;-))it's sometimes hard to understand that, but when we are trying to understand what a life they had (my one lost the first child 2 hours after birth) you begin to understand why a mother act or reacts like she does. a long way, i can tell and at least you're able to foregive what she/they are doing.
i feel sorry for you about your fall, must have pretty hurt. i do agree standing up and looking forward, moveing is the best you can do.
wish you a huge lot of strength an a few angels looking for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey lady,

Family is tough - I hear ya. It sounds like you're able to put her reactions into perspective and focus on what's right for you. That in and of itself is half the battle.

One step at a time...yes we can. I'm thinking about you.

ccelnar