Wednesday, November 07, 2007

remember november

november arrives in the stealth of darkness, a quiet creep of cold along your neck. the last golden leaves kicking around seem like last call at the bar. a cafe latte never seems as cozy other months of the year, especially when it is the last bit of warmth before you brave the cold night air. i am not sure if this is an imagined state or reality, it is the way november sits in my mind. snow hangs in the air like a question mark...will it appear today? there is calm in this november and peace, the elements have no control over that. i just keep thanking the universe for all the warm souls who have arrived alongside me lately, i feel like someone is looking out for me and it feels nice. maybe it is my grandma.

1 comment:

petite gourmand said...

so beautiful.
I'm sure she is.